Frequently Asked Questions
Telstra provides an App that allows you to monitor your data usage against your pre-paid plan for your iPad, and re-charge your pre-paid SIM as needed. This App is called 'Telstra 24x7' and can be downloaded from the App Store.
Watch this quick video to find out how to recharge your iPad's pre-paid SIM by using this App.
If you haven't downloaded this App and still need to recharge, follow the below instructions to recharge your SIM directly from Safari.
Recharge From SAFARI on your Device
- IMPORTANT: First Turn off your Wi-Fi (via Settings -> Wi-Fi option)
- From your Home screen, select Safari
- Clear the address bar on top (left-hand bar) – ie if a previous entry is in this field, touch on field until a X appears, then select X to clear.
- Type in myprepaid.telstra.com/ipad
- Select Recharge (from the left-hand sidebar).
- If paying by Credit Card, select Credit Card.
- Select Enter your Credit Card No. (This assumes that this is your first time using this card and you have not previously saved it – if already saved, choose the second option ‘Use your saved Credit Card details’).
- Enter your credit card details
- Select the amount of the re-charge - $20 is usually enough for most users for a 30 day re-charge, but consider the yearly recharge if you use your 3G/4G frequently - this is a more economical option.
- Select Recharge.
- When confirmation is requested, confirm the payment and optionally save the details of your credit card for next time.
- If you wish to return to using the local Wi-Fi network don’t forget to turn Wi-Fi back on through the Settings menu.