Sentry Page Protection
Member Login Hi, (First Name) | Log Out
Handy Hint 87 (Mac) - Merging several PDF files into one PDF
I use this one I use really frequently.
Your Mac has a great built-in App that allows you to do all sorts of things with PDFs and images - including merging several PDFs (or images) into a single PDF file.
There is no need to purchase a third-party product in order to view, edit or merge PDFs.
Watch the video - press ▶ to play
Step by Step Instructions
When you have a set of PDF’s (or image files) that you want to merge, you can use Apple’s build-in app called Preview.
- First, make sure that Preview is not already open - if it is, close it.
- Get your files into the required order Finder (clicking on the column heading to get the order correct)
- Select all the PDF files that are to be merged (by clicking first file in list, and holding down shift will I select the last required file)
- Then ‘right-click’ on the selected files. (Don't have a right-click? Watch the video to find out how to enable this feature of your mouse or trackpad.)
- Move down to Open With in the context menu and choose Preview.app from the options provided
- Preview then opens, showing all the documents that have been opened on the left hand side.
- Choose File -> Print
- At the bottom left click PDF, then Save as PDF.
- Save the new merged PDF to the appropriate location.
Need help with this? Contact iTandCoffee on 1300 885 320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.