The below article appeared in The Age today, talking about apps that drain your battery and including the below 'top five tips for reducing your IOS batter drain'.
It is not about quitting the apps that appear in your multi-tasking bar. One key change to make is to stop certain apps from performing something called 'Background App Refresh'.
Go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh, and switch any any battery hogs to 'Off'. But be careful to not turn off apps that need to refresh in background in order to give you up-to-date information. For example, I have left on Weather, and my new DataMan app so that they can show up-to-the-minute information.
If this is all 'double-dutch', but you need some help to sort out your battery issues, iTea&Coffee can help with your technology issues. Call 1300 885 420.
Top five tips to reduce your iOS battery drain (overthought.org):
- Disable location and background app refresh for Facebook and apps you don't care about
- Don't quit your apps in multi-tasking
- Disable push email. Check your email manually.
- Disable push notifications for apps that annoy you.
- Enable airplane mode in areas of poor cellular service.