- We regularly renting and watching movies.
- Over the summer, we watched a TV series that we had missed during the year - something has been great during the 'non-rating' period.
- When we had friends over recently, we 'mirrored' an iPad screen to the TV so that everyone could see something that we were discussing
- I use a second Apple TV for my classes, to run presentations and demonstrations.
- We will use it soon for my daughter's 21st, to show a photo slideshow and some embarrassing family movies!
- We also stream movies and TV shows stored on a hard drive in the study (at the front of the house) to our family room TV (at the back of the house).
However, as far as 'free' content provided by apps on the Apple TV, until recently we only really utilised the YouTube app. So many of the other apps are only relevant to those in the US.
The other day, however, I noticed that there are now a couple of Australian apps showing on our Apple TV. One is Cricket from Cricket Australia, and the other is TenPlay - catch-up TV for channel 10!
Here's hoping that the other stations, especially ABC with ABC iView, follow suit soon.
(For those of you interested in the Cricket app, it provides highlights, news and clips, but not any live streaming.)
Here is an article featured in The Age today about these additions to the Apple TV.
Do you need more information about, or assistance with, an Apple TV?
Call 1300 885 420 to make an appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.