A Guided Tour of the Mac - Big Sur Edition 2020 (PDF Download)
This 52-page easy-to-read guide will help get you started on your Mac computer, so that you are able to find your way around, understand what all the major areas and functions are, and learn about how to customise your Mac to suit your preferences.
Updated to reflect all the latest functionality provided under macOS Big Sur.
Here are the main topics that we cover
- What are you running on your mac?
- Your mac and its ‘user accounts’
- Let’s start with the 'Apple' menu
- What are your preferences?
- Turning your mac on and off
- Sleep and password settings
- Does your mac allow you to ‘right-click’?
- Let’s talk about files and folders
- The desktop
- The dock
- Menus and the menu bar
- Connecting to wi-fi
- The app store on your mac
- Mission control
- Let’s talk gestures – scrolling, swiping & more
- The bin (or trash can)
- Some common keyboard shortcuts
Your purchase is of a PDF version of this guide. You will receive a link to this guide and will be able click that link to download the file. The file will be able to then be found in the Downloads area associated with your Web Browser. If you need assistance with this understanding where to find your downloads, you can book an appointment with iTandCoffee at www.itandcoffee.com.au/appointment-request.html.