A Guided Tour of the Mac - Monterey Edition 2022 (PDF Download)
This 52-page easy-to-read guide will help get you started on your Mac computer, so that you are able to find your way around, understand what all the major areas and functions are, and learn about how to customise your Mac to suit your preferences.
Updated to reflect all the latest functionality provided under macOS Monterey
Here are the main topics that we cover
- What are you running on your mac?
- Your mac and its ‘user accounts’
- Let’s start with the 'Apple' menu
- What are your preferences?
- Turning your mac on and off
- Sleep and password settings
- Does your mac allow you to ‘right-click’?
- Let’s talk about files and folders
- The desktop
- The dock
- Menus and the menu bar
- Connecting to wi-fi
- The app store on your mac
- Mission control
- Let’s talk gestures – scrolling, swiping & more
- The bin (or trash can)
- Some common keyboard shortcuts
Your purchase is of a PDF version of this guide - for your personal use only, and not to be shared with anyone else. You will receive an email with a link to download this guide and will have 3 days after purchase to complete this download.
Your downloaded PDF file will be found in your web browser's Downloads location. On the iPhone/iPad, this is usually in iCloud Drive -> Downloads (in the Files app). Check your Safari Settings for the applicable Downloads location.
Also please note that your purchase does not include iTandCoffee support in relation to 'where to find downloaded files'. If you need such support, a remote support appointment can be booked using this link.