It is the easiest scanning app that I have come across to date, and it takes such clear 'scans' of whatever it is I am 'scanning'.
It is a app that is part of the Evernote suite of apps, and is called Scannable. Best of all, it is free! (For iOS 8 users only.)
All I have to do is launch the app, point my iPhone (or iPad) at whatever piece of paper (or business card, credit card, etc) I am scanning, and it automatically detects the page/card and it's borders and TAKES THE PHOTO! I don't even have to touch a button to take the photo!
(Just make sure your page/card is on a surface that has a plain, different colour than the page/card/etc itself, so that Scannable can work out the boundaries.)
The photo that it takes is such good quality - it focusses, removes shadows and other 'defects' like folds and marks so that the end-product looks even better than when scanned by a 'real' scanner!
I can then choose to scan another page (to make a multi-page document) or, if I am finished, choose the 'Share' option, and choose what to with one or more of the scanned pages. I can email, send as message, export, save to Camera Roll, and more.
I have set mine up to directly sync with my Evernote! Love it! (Note. You don't have to be an Evernote user to use Scannable.)
Here is what the developers say about the Scannable app in the App Store.
Automatically capture high-quality scans anywhere
- Scan fast: Point your camera at documents, Post-it® Notes, or whiteboards. Scannable immediately captures them.
- Save time: Scannable automatically rotates, crops, and adjusts images so your scans are clear and easy to read.
- Share or save: Send documents to colleagues via email or text, or save them to Evernote and other apps.
Deal with paper professionally
- Turn business cards into contacts: Pull information from business cards and LinkedIn, add profile photos, and save it all to your contacts list.
- Banish paper stacks: Scannable works seamlessly with the ScanSnap Evernote Edition scanner to get multi-page documents where they need to go.
- A scanner for everyone: With Scannable, your whole team can control a ScanSnap Evernote Edition from their own devices and send paper on its way.
Are you interested in learning about apps like this?
- Getting organised with some great iPad and iPhone Apps.
In particular we will look at
- Evernote and apps in the Evernote 'suite'
- Password keepers
- Using calendars and reminders on your iPad and iPhone.
Click/touch here register your interest in attending such a class or series of classes.