Why have I set myself this reminder and what does it mean?
On my phone, I have a 1GB allowance for cellular data each month, starting on the 17th of the month. (Note. 'Mobile' data and 'Cellular' data are basically the same thing.)
Most months, this is completely sufficient for my needs. But, there are some months when I use more mobile data and fly close to my monthly limit.
I like to be able to see just what apps and features on my iPhone are the main culprits for mobile data usage each month. I make sure that those that don't really need to use this data allowance are disabled from using cellular data and can only operate on WiFi.
The easiest way to track my total data usage for the month and my app-by-app and feature-by-beature usage is to reset the usage stats on the first day of my billing cycle - ie the 17th.
This Handy Hint (including a video) for iTandCoffee Club members shows you how to do this.
Non-members will be able to view this hint for the week from March 20th.
Join the iTandCoffee Club to view hints like this any time! Other related hints and tips are included below.
Related hints and tips (some require an iTandCoffee Club membership)
- A great app for tracking data usage on your iPad and iPhoneCleaning up your iPad/iPhoneView your Battery Usage by App
- Connect with your Personal Hotspot more easily (and discover what it is if you don't yet know!)
- Apps that drain the life out of your iPhone and iPad battery
- Yet another tip for how to improve your battery life
- More about fixing up battery issues after upgrade to iOS 8
- My brand new iPhone 6's battery is draining really fast!
- What to do when your iCloud is full
- Data gobblers on your iPad and iPhone